Biggest Toy Recalls 2012 – Toys are obviously mostly made for kids so when something is wrong with them it can be really serious news. So companies have to act quick when it comes to toy recalls and in 2012 there have been a fair share of toys recalled for a huge variety of reasons.
Often toys are recalled for things like small parts coming off, problems with hinges and joints catching children’s hands, heat and electrical hazards, chances of things slipping or making a child more likely to injure themselves and the list goes on and on! Sometimes the recalls are for extremely minor things but just for safety (or more likely fear of being sued) the companies still decide to pull in a full recall.
Below you can find an article recently published on The Random Forest that goes through some of the largest toy recalls this year. Hopefully nothing here affected you. If it did then we would love to know how the recall process worked for you and also how you initially found out about the recall.
Here is the post….
The 2012 holiday season is here and with it, the biggest toy items and dangerous recalls.
Whenever I think of toy recalls I always think of the Saturday Night Live skit with Dan Akroyd from the 80′s when he played a character that is trying to promote: Bag O’ Glass, Pretty Peggy Ear-Piercing Set, Mr. Skin Grafter, a General Tron’s Secret Police Confession Kit and Doggie Dentist.
Biggest Toy Recalls 2012
Obviously these toys aren’t nearly as bad as a Bag O’ Glass, but all have been recalled in the past year:
- chariot child bicycle trailers + injury hazard + trailer detaches
- super luchamania action figures recalled due to excessive levels of lead
- tumblekins toys recalled due to choking and laceration hazard
- slalom glider slides recalled due to fall hazard
- american honda atv recalled due to crash hazard + arm separates
- Recalled meijer Products Resold By Discounters After Recall Date
- lakeshore learning materials baby dolls recalled due to choking hazard
- happy shirts toy Truck Gifts Recalled due to Fire Hazard
- todson bicycle child carrier seats recalled due to laceration and fingertip Amputation Hazards
- air venturi air rifles recalled due to ability to fire with safety switch on
- sportspower bounce pro trampolines recalled due to fall hazard
- kolcraft bassinets recalled due to fall hazard
- First Fitness children’s trampolines recalled due to fall hazard
- imaginarium activity center recalled due to choking hazard
- little jumpers trampolines recalled due to fall hazard
- green toys mini vehicles recalled due to choking hazard
- toysmith animal snap bracelets recalled due to laceration hazard
- Captain Cutlass pirate toy guns contain excessive levels of lead
Biggest Toy Recalls 2012
Original post: http://therandomforest.com/biggest-toy-recalls-2012