Although people expected Brazil to have a tough match against Germany in the 2014 World cup semi final no one predicted such a humiliating crush. Does it rank as one of the The 10 Biggest Sports Humiliations of the Past 25 Years? Well let’s see what Men’s Health thinks…
Here is their list, we’ll link to the full slideshow too!
10. 2013 BCS Championship Game: Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
9. 1994 NBA Playoffs: Denver Nuggets defeat Seattle Supersonics
8. 2011-12 English Premier League: Manchester City 6, Manchester United 1
7. Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants 17, New England Patriots 14
6. Buster Douglas defeats Mike Tyson in 1990
5. Super Bowl XLVII: Seattle Seahawks 43, Denver Broncos 8
4. U.S. Basketball at the 2004 Olympics
3. 1999 British Open: Jean Van de Velde loses in a playoff
2. 2004 ALCS: Boston Red Sox defeat New York Yankees
1. 2014 World Cup: Germany 7, Brazil 1
Ok, so I guess they think the Brazil defeat was pretty epic! It was very very very sad to see them beaten down so badly!
So, see the full slideshow with pics and descriptions here.
In reality though people have bad days. The way to get through a seemingly embarrassing defeat is to hold your head up, congratulate the winners and see where you went on to work on being stronger. Brazil may be back in 4 years stronger than ever if they make the right moves!
Do you think Men’s Health list is right? Are there any defeats they missed?