Amazing, amazing, amazing! The human body and our brain are simply outstandingly stunning and when you sit down and read over 50 facts about what it can do you suddenly feel a little special! Wow, it can do what, it does what, that many, how is that possible! They are just some of the reactions I think you’ll have reading some of the facts on this Buzzfeed list.
Here are just the first ten:
1. The human heart, ripped from a chest cavity ala Indiana Jones can indeed continue to beat for a short period of time because it has it’s own electrical system and would continue to receive oxygen from the exposed air.
2. Stomach acid is so strong that your body grows an entirely new stomach lining every 3-4 days.
3. The human nose can recognize and remember 50,000 unique scents, which is still no where near as powerful as a dog’s.
4. You sneeze at the speed of 100 miles per hour or more.
5. You have 60,000 miles of blood vessels inside of you, which is enough to wrap around the Earth’s equator roughly two and half times.
6. Everyday your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles. In a lifetime, your heart creates enough energy to drive that truck to the moon and back.
7. On average a human sheds so much skin in a lifetime that by the time you turn 70, you’ll have removed an entire small human, 105 lbs, from yourself.
8. If you look into a clear night sky and can see Andromeda, it means your eyes are so sensitive and powerful that they’re picking up a small fuzzy blob of light that, as our closest neighboring galaxy, is 2.5 million light years away.
9. It’s possible to snore at 80 decibels which is equivalent to sleeping next to a pneumatic drill breaking up concrete. Noise levels over 85 decibels are considered hazardous to the human ear.
10. A person produces enough spit in a lifetime to fill two swimming pools, roughly 25,000 quarts.
Pretty frickin awesome! Read the other 41 here.